Monday, August 29, 2011

Lawn Mowing

"Hold out your arm," says the Husband.
"Why?", I ask warily.
"I need to practice my new trick."
So I hold out my arm and he proceeds to wrap a purple string around my arm. Then he (I can't tell you because that would reveal the trick and the Husband has sworn on his red nose to never do such a thing).
"You dropped it," I say none too kindly.
Exasperated, he says, "Yes. That's why I need to practice."
I turn to watch the news while he practices on my arm a few more times.
Then I notice I'm still sitting there like a moron with my arm sticking out. "Where're you going?" I say.
"I'm going to go cut the grass," he says.
"Oh okay," I say as if I know that's part of his plans (and vaguely I do).
Meanwhile in my head I'm freaking out about how I really hope I didn't miss any more important parts of our conversation. Apparently it is possible to tune out a clown!
Forgive me, hubbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment