Monday, September 5, 2011

Mustard vs. Blood

The following story isn't so much about clowning as it is about the husband and wife relationship and our cross-cultural differences (White & Hispanic).
Last night, we were eating hot dogs (they were turkey dogs, the bar-s brand)and we usually put a ton of stuff on them. I was trying to convince the Husband to try Dijon mustard instead of the ordinary kind. Even though my husband can put on make-up and make a fool out of himself in front of 100 people, he's a coward when it comes to trying new foods.
I, on the other hand, have been introduced to a myriad of things that are strange to me and I have tried them. The list of weird things I've tried includes tripe, beef brains, intestines, tongue, and pig's blood (Twilight, anyone?). Brain and intestines are really too chewy, tripe and blood (seriously all I can think about is the Cullen's vegetarian diet) are gross, but tongue is GOOD. Needless to say, he didn't try the mustard. I love him, but he's a big rubber chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment