Thursday, September 29, 2011

Where's Papá? He's busy learning how to make vampires, sweetheart.

My son says today after I pick him up from daycare, "Where Papá, Mommy?"
"He's at school."
"Oh."
Later, "Where Papá?"
"He's at school."
Then at dinner, "Papá at work?"
"No, he's at school."
Then I get a phone call.  "I finished my test early!" gushes the Husband. "I'm going to go spend an hour at Balloon Jam.  Is that okay?"
I look at our son.  "It's okay with me," I start.
"Cool!  Talk to you later!" Click.
----------------------------
A few hours later.
The garage door opens.  Our son runs to do his ritual "Hide from Papá."
The Husband searches the house and finds our son to surprise him with this:
Yeah, our son is thrilled.  It's a vampire balloon (note the red eyes and green fangs) to scare Mommies with.  Guess Balloon Jam was a good use of the Husband's time after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment