Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Meet the Apes!

This is Coco the Chimp.
Children love her because she has an extremely squeaky mouth and she has extremely animated conversations with her husband Bobo the Orangutan.  They are an extremely funny couple.  Coco is very serious, while Bobo is extremely light-hearted.  In a couple days, I'll post a picture of Bobo.  You will immediately be able to tell how much more relaxed he is than Coco just by his demeanor.

Interestingly, Bobo and Coco just celebrated a new addition to their family.  Since Bobo and Coco are different species, they adopted (for more information about chimps adopting other chimps, click here) a baby monkey.
While Baby Jojo is not an ape, she is being raised to be an ape, so I've decided that it is okay for us to continue referring to them as "The Apes."  I think the chupie (that's our household's word for a pacifier) makes Jojo particularly endearing.  The Husband has not shared his plans for Jojo in his act with me, but I think her mere appearance in his show will be very cute.
I think Jane Goodall would be proud of us for not using real apes and monkeys. :D

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Mention a chimp mother adopting a monkey and all of a sudden my ads are all about overseas adoptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I wonder what triggered that? Maybe since your signed in to google and they know it's you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back to the page after a few days, and now I see an ad for ITT Technical Institute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine're still for adoption services. Strange.

    ReplyDelete