Saturday, July 7, 2012

4th of July Parade 2012

Schedule
6-wake up
6:30-walk the Dog so he doesn't become as much of a maniac when the neighbors start setting off illegal firecrackers (usually it doesn't bother me, but we're in a major drought and if their house goes up in flames chances are it'll travel to mine)
7:00-breakfast and pretend not to be irritated by the Husband's inquiries about the symmetry of his make-up
7:30-get the Son ready for his day
8:00-friends come over so the Husband can put on their daughter's make-up
8:30-leave
9:00-start parade line-up

Here's what really happened:
6:00-asleep
6:30-still asleep
7:00-the Husband gets up to do his make-up so I stagger out of bed just as the Son dances in
7:05-convince the Son it would be better to wear clothes in public
7:10-go out with the Dog to backyard to do his business, go back inside so I can do mine
7:20-get the Son dressed while explaining the virtues of breakfast
7:22-pop a couple ibuprofen for headache and sore throat feel coming on...only I would get a cold in the summer
7:40-realize I can't convince the Son to eat because I honestly don't want to eat either
8:00-friends come over, have awesome time watching their little joey (child clown) get ready
8:55-"SON YOU WILL GO POTTY NOW BEFORE WE LEAVE OR FACE MY WRATH!"
9:00-friend's daughter looks FABULOUS, we're all excited!, get in respective vehicles, leave
9:30-parade line-up, leave the Husband and friend's daughter with clown alley (If you're reading this, I would like to cash in on my free hug now, Slowpoke!)
10:00-watch and enjoy an awesome patriotic parade with friends featuring some of my very favorite and the world's newest clown. Not too short, not too long, have an awesome time. The Son collects an obscene amount of candy
11:00-the ibuprofens that I had taken earlier wear off and suddenly I feel like I'm dying and have a fever

I'm glad I lasted long enough to really enjoy the parade with our friends, but I was really bummed that I had exposed them all to strep throat. Stay healthy y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment