Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Clown in the Quinceañera's Court

What every high school teacher wants to know: how do you gain the full attention of 16 teenagers in under five seconds?
Answer: Bring a clown to class
He doesn't have to be dressed as a clown. He can just be pretending to be an ordinary magician.
Here's what happened:
Setting: My coworker's daughter's Quinceañera (very awesome party, MF! Loved the presentation of the doll, it made me want to tear up!)
The husband started by showing a couple tricks to some kids at the next table. Then he started entertaining some of my coworkers and their spouses.
Then MF asks him to show her daughter a couple tricks. The Quinceañera and her court are gathered in the hallway, preparing for the dancing. He pulls out his red sponge balls and suddenly he has a huddle of kids around him. Amazing. I should start all of my classes with a magic trick...

1 comment:

  1. I think you should end each class with a magic trick. That way the class would really have an incentive to behave.

    ReplyDelete