Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hazards of the Job

So I'm usually dj at the parties. I'm trying to eat the food so as not to offend the host, ensure that the music playing is appropriate for the current act, and keep my 2 year old quiet (no easy task as any mother will tell you). I'm also supposed to be extra friendly with the guests when the party is for my husband's cousin.
So I'm choking down food so as not to offend (I already ate a lot so I am full! It's not an insult!) when out of the corner of my eye, I see my husband blowing up a white balloon. Ah. The wedding ring trick. Magically reappears inside the balloon. Extremely clever. Next he's going to pop the balloon so the kid can see it's really the ring. I put another spoonful in my mouth when I hear metal slap the ground. Then I feel a sharp stinging pain right below my eye. Then, I look in my lap and spy a gold circular object.
Yep. That's right people. He almost shot my eye out-with a wedding ring (ok, it's a decoy in case we lose it, but it's what the audience believes that matters). Ouch. I look at my aunt-in-law and say, "That's why he has insurance."

1 comment: