Saturday, November 19, 2011

Rough Week

This week's been pretty awful for us. The Husband's aunt and her family were detained by ICE (US Immigration & Customs Enforcement) at the beginning of the week. They have been moved at least once a day each day to jails farther and farther away so it is nearly impossible to visit them and it is really difficult to contact them. There was no dignity to the way they were led out of their apartment in handcuffs. They had been eating dinner- they didn't even get to clean up the food or anything. The Husband and I went back in right away to clean up the mess and to take care of their dogs who are traumatized. The Son is very upset as well because he knows that Mexico is very far away and he wants to see his tía. We're all very sad.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about this. What a heart wrenching thing to happen. My thoughts are with you and your family. Please let me know if we can do anything to help you guys through this.

    I deleted my previous post after I realized I had written your names.

    ReplyDelete