Saturday, June 2, 2012

Business & Family Don't Go Together

"Did you talk to him about it yet?" I ask.
"No," says the Husband. Alarm bells go off in my head. We're 2 hours away from a party and he hasn't discussed price yet????
It's for his cousin; maybe the other cousins we've done parties for told him the price we gave them?
We're on the way to the party. "What price are you asking?"
"$80/hour."
"How many hours?"
"1 1/2."
Okay, so they must have discussed price. $120 is a lot of money.
We arrive at 4:30. No guests are there. Alarm bells go off in my head. The Husband is not going to start charging his cousin until his cousin asks him to start. I just know it. Even though the cousin asked him to show up at 4:30, he's not going to start the show until 5:30 or 6.
Ok. Fine. Family gets a discount. That's alright. I can live with that.
Fast forward to 9:00. The Husband asked me how long the show was. I'm really irritated, but I round way down for his cousin's sake. "An hour and a half?"
We say our good-byes. Lots of chitchat with the cousin. I look at the Husband's face. Something's not right.
I take the Son to the car, figuring the Husband will work it out. All of a sudden the Husband's at the car. "Please don't tell me 'I told you so."
The cousin didn't know the Husband charges for his show.
I didn't say "I told you so," but I sure thought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment