Saturday, September 24, 2011

How it went from hobby to job-Part 3

That next night, I call my mother in a panic. "The Husband invited a bunch of strangers over to our house! Could you please call me tonight to ensure that I survive the encounter and am not being held against my will?"
After my mother recovers from her initial overreaction to my overreaction, she agrees to do what I request. In the meantime, I go over in my head all the things that are cultural differences between middle-class White Americans and immigrant Hispanics in which I usually offend the Hispanic by accident. I can usually explain and clear things up later, but it's easier to prep myself in advance so I don't have to apologize later. (Thou shalt accept every morsel of food offered to you no matter how full you may feel!)
So long story short; Anissa and her sister this time come over, don't murder us in cold blood, and convince The Husband to put on a show as the lead of 3 clowns: himself, Anissa, and Anissa's good friend Teresa.

No comments:

Post a Comment