Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ringling Brothers is finally here-part 2

The Husband woke me up at 1 this morning to tell me how it went. He showed me his signed program-wow! He met a lot of clowns. He said he had a lot of fun talking to the clowns from Peru & Bolivia, apparently one of them is now Facebook friends with him!
He asked the clowns a lot of questions. They say they're ok with people using their acts as inspiration, but they don't want people copying the entire thing which I find to be entirely reasonable. He also asked them about raising their kids in the circus, apparently Ringling Brothers has its own K-12 school which allows them to keep their children with them. Another question he asked was what do they know about training the elephants and it doesn't sound like they know a whole lot. They did say that the elephants that are already trained are never physically punished (makes me wonder what happens while they're being trained but, but I honestly don't think these clowns know. They're not the trainers after all).
It sounds like they were really sweet to my husband and I'm very happy for him. Right now he's waiting outside security at the Sprint Center to talk to them again (I think they invited him...)
He just called me on the phone and told me, "If you never hear from me again, you know what happened to me. I've run away with the circus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment