Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Crazy Husband

We've been to two parties in the last week-one was a magician group, the other a clown alley. The magicians were fun-lots of awesome tricks (I can now make a cup disappear) as well as some good puns. "Be slick, it's careful out!"
The Husband's sanity, however, came into question when we were at one of his clown alley's parties. The Husband has a friend (we'll call him Joey) who is a master of all things slapstick, juggling, and make-up all at the age of 19. I see the two of them talking conspiratorially in a corner while we're eating dinner. I figure they're just planning some silly gag so I proceed to watch the Son's and my back. When the entertainment (Joey) begins, I also pay careful attention because I know the Husband must be involved somehow.
Finally, Joey summons the Husband to the front for his final act. To my horror, the Husband lies down on the floor and allows Joey to juggle gigantic knives above the Husband's body. During the show, I pretend not to freak out as the Son's in my lap and for him this sort of weirdness is situation normal, Papá's doing something crazy with Joey again. When we get home, however, I do not neglect to inquire after the Husband's mental health. "Hadn't you seen Joey drop the plastic ring when he was juggling earlier?"
"He just did that to make everyone more nervous."
Due to the plausibility of the explanation, I concede, but I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Joey had had to sneeze?

No comments:

Post a Comment