Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Parking Lot Santa - Version 1

This is called Version 1 because The Husband would like to edit it.  Since I started this blog to be ornery and funny with him, I figure I'll type out how I remember him telling me the story last week (of course using my word choice) and if it's not to his satisfaction then I can post a Version 2 that is a better depiction of events.  Maybe we could vote on which one is more fun to read! Here's my version (even though I wasn't there):

The Husband was manning the phones at Chipotle (people call in orders).  A customer calls, the Husband takes his order.  "Is that all?  One burrito?" the Husband asks.  "You know, you don't have to call that in.  You can come to the restaurant and stand in line for that." (His snarky side doesn't get the best of him as easily as mine does).

"I know," the caller replies.  He hesitates.  "I need you to bring it out to the car for me."

Intrigued and better behaved than I am, the Husband waits for an explanation rather than demanding one.  "It's because I see a lot of kids in that line." (Things do not look like they are going well).

The Husband waits for more again.

Finally, "I'm dressed as Santa.  I'm between gigs.  I didn't bring a lunch with me.  If I go in there, I'll have to talk to every single kid and I'll be late for my next event."

"Not a problem at all," the Husband responds.  Santa tells the Husband where he's parked and the Husband gets his order together.

When the Husband goes out to Santa, Santa is very gracious.  The Husband thanks him.

"You know I understand where you're coming from," the Husband says.  Santa perks up interested.  "I'm a clown.  It's true.  Those kids would have never let you out."

No comments:

Post a Comment