Friday, June 11, 2021

The Tragic Tale of the Mango Chile Ice Floes

 So, you've probably noticed that there was a 7 year gap between blog posts. What can I say? The Husband was booking tons of parties. I have a full time job. I got my master's degree. We had Kid 2. I guess I was a little bit busy.

I decided to take a trip down memory lane and see what I was writing about back then. It was kind of fun because there were some things that I hadn't thought about in forever, such as the Kazoo post. There were other posts that I do not remember happening at ALL. Reading Naked cracked me up! I have that feeling in me like I should remember that event, but I honestly do not. I'm really glad I had written it down.

Meanwhile, I come across a draft entitled, "The Tragic Tale of the Mango Chile Ice Floes."

*pause*

That's it. There's nothing in the draft. It was 7+ years ago. I have no idea. My best guess is that it involved popsicles. It could also have been about Chilean mountain glaciers preserving mangos for millennia, but somehow that doesn't seem realistic. I mean, the Andes mountains probably aren't the best climate for mangos, am I right?

*crickets chirp*

Suddenly, amidst that crazy stream of consciousness, I came to a realization. The Tragic Tale part of the title IS THE STORY. The tragic tale of the mango chile ice floes is that the actual tale has been tragically lost to posterity, with no hope for recovery. The story is the blank page sitting underneath an amazing title that will never be written.

Too much of a reach?

Cheers, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment