Thursday, December 22, 2011

Joey Wannabe

The Son thinks Joey is among the more admirable people on the planet due to his physical comedy. (To read more about Joey's talents, click here.)  Part of Joey's act with the chair involves an incredibly powerful sneeze.  The sneeze has so much force behind it that it flips Joey's body around in the air and he lands with an exceptionally frightening thud on his back.  I don't know how he's not in constant agony due to the abuse he puts his body through.
A couple of days ago, the Son asked if he could watch my recording of Joey and the Chair on my phone.  I let him watch that part, then I took it back.  All of a sudden, I have a sneezing, somersaulting, three year old.  He stands up, "I'm Joey, Mama!"  He does it again, and again, and again.
The Husband comes home from work.  "What's he doing?", the Husband asks.
"Just watch," I say, knowing he'll figure it out any second.  After a couple sneezing somersaults the Husband whips out his cellphone to call Joey.  After a couple minutes of them giggling, the Husband suddenly says, "Hey!  If my kid ever starts trying to play with knives, it's all your fault!"
Let's hope the Son never sees Joey juggle knives again.

No comments:

Post a Comment